COMPETITOR MEETINGS, CHECK-IN AND/OR DRUG TESTING NOTES:
Check-in at 8:00am
Competitor rules meeting at 9:00am
Contest begins roughly at 9:30am
- Press medley. Log, Axle, Keg, Half atlas stone
- Conan’s Wheel
- Dead lift medley, Bar from floor, axle from 18”, farmers handles, Bar from floor.
- Medley, Farmers, Keg, Sandbag
- Atlas Stone for height.
- Cost level: Moderate
- Challenge Level: Difficult
- Late Entry Fee: none
- Last chance to enter: April 25 (but contest is limited to 45 total entries!)
- Advancement: none
- Drug-testing: none
OUR TAKE ON IT
A terrific day for strength, yet often the events can intimidate and conquer even the most prepared of strength athletes.
No-bones and all-business, while a definite "serious lifter's" event there is meanwhile typically many beginners and many women – both of which help bring a less aggro mood to the event. Sometimes the flow of event set-up/breakdown leaves something to be desired, so expect gaps of time in the day.
The venue – a gymnasium – is spacious and perfect for an event like this. It's hard not to get a photo of your max best!